Sponsors: The Antarctic Circle and Falcon Scott
Don Webster (New Zealand),
Janice Tipping (England)
Joan Boothe (USA)
Maggs Bros. Booksellers (England),
Kingsbridge Books (Paul Davies, England),
Meridian Rare Books (Stuart Leggatt, England),
Fram Museum (Geir Kløver, Norway)
Principles of the SouthPole-sium
Registration information and Form
Those who have registered
Those who are planning to attend
Those who have expressed interest in attending
Subjects of talks proposed to be presented so far
Subject ideas for talks that might be presented
Lunga House, our venue
Links relative to Scotland
Wardroom Dinners on board the Discovery in Dundee
Updates & E-mails
Comments from those contacted
• Informal, sociable and fun.
• Focus on the Antarctic i.e. not bi-polar.
• Focus on books, book collecting, book publishing, bookselling, book writing. Secondary foci: maps, art, history, music, artifacts.
• Non-focus: contemporary science (not that there's anything wrong with contemporary science).
• Short talks; no "read" talks.
• No money is made and hopefully none lost.
• Everyone pays to come; no one gets paid to come.