Sponsors: The Antarctic Circle and The Fram Museum
Principles of the SouthPole-sium
Registration information and Form
Those who have registered
Those who are planning to attend, have expressed interest in doing so or are unable to
Subjects of talks proposed to be presented so far
Subject ideas for talks that might be presented
Oslo & Norway
Fram Museum & Norwegian Maritime Museum, our venues
Optional Excursion to Uranienborg
Optional Excursion to Horten, Tønsberg, Sandefjord and Larvik
Optional Excursions: Oslo-Bergen via Finse and Coastal Cruise: Bergen to Tromsø
Updates & E-mails
• Informal, sociable, fun and serious only up to a point.
• Focus on the Antarctic i.e. not bi-polar.
• Focus on books, book collecting, book publishing, bookselling, book writing. Secondary foci: history, maps, art, photography, music, film, artifacts, medals.
• Non-focus: contemporary science (not that there's anything wrong with contemporary science).
• Short talks; no "read" talks.
• No money is made and hopefully none lost.
• Everyone pays to come; no one gets paid to come.