Principles of the SouthPole-sium
Registration information and Form
Those who have registered
Those who are planning to attend, have expressed interest in doing so or are unable to
Subjects of talks proposed to be presented so far
Subject ideas for talks that might be presented
Oslo & Norway
Fram Museum & Norwegian Maritime Museum, our venues
Optional Excursion to Uranienborg
Optional Excursion to Horten, Tønsberg, Sandefjord and Larvik
Optional Excursions: Oslo-Bergen via Finse and Coastal Cruise: Bergen to Tromsø
Updates & E-mails
1) Three copies of The Magic of Antarctic Colors about the art of David Abbey Paige, the artist on BAEII. Donated by Laura Kissel.
2) A scarf created for the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts, modeled after one of David Abbey Paige's Antarctic pastels. Donated by Laura Kissel.
3) A penguin wine stopper featuring an Emperor chick. Donated by Marj Spoerri.
4) A copy of the Portland Story Theater production of 'The Essex.' Two-disc DVD, donated by Lawrence Howard.
5) Lewis, David. Voyage to the Ice; the Antarctic Expedition of Solo (1979). Mint copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
6) Davies, Paul. From South Devon to the South Pole (second edition 2013). Mint copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
7) Heidenreich, Elke. Some Folk Think the South Pole's Hot; the Three Tenors Play the Antarctic (2001). Mint copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
8) Evans, Admiral Sir Edward. British Polar Explorers (second impression, 1946). Fine copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
9) [Huxley, Leonard J.]. To the South Pole. Captain Scott's Own Story told from his Journals. Strand Magazine issues reporting on Scott's Final Expedition. Four monthly issues bound together. Dampstained. Copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
10) Bruce, Captain W. M. Reminiscences of the Terra Nova in the Antarctic (2012). A Keepsake prepared for the SouthPole-sium in Jaffrey, NH. Mint copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
11) Bryan, Rorke, 'Scotia' and William Speirs Bruce's Scottish National; Antarctic Expedition (2015). A Keepsake prepared for the SouthPole-sium in Craobh Haven, Scotland. Mint copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
12) Mackay, A. Forbes, The Diary of A. Forbes Mackay 1908-1909 (2015). A Keepsake prepared for the SouthPole-sium in Craobh Haven, Scotland. Mint copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
13) Stephenson, Robert B., Scotland and the Antarctic (2015). A Keepsake prepared for the SouthPole-sium in Craobh Haven, Scotland. Mint copy donated by Rob Stephenson.
14) A coffee mug produced for the SouthPole-sium in Jaffrey, NH. Donated by Rob Stephenson.
15) Huw Lewis Jones, Face to Face Polar Portraits (paperback). Donated by Wendy Driver. For the benefit of The Wilson Gallery, Cheltenham.
16) Brass penguin napkin rings. Donated by Marj Spoerri.
17) Two presses flower bookmarks made in England. Donated by Laura Kissel.
18) Four copies of Scott of the Antarctic and Cardiff by Anthony M. Johnson (1984). Donated by Jack Wright, Captain Scott Society.
19) George Seaver, Edward Wilson–Nature Lover, Butler & Tanner, December 1947. No dustjacket, fairly good and clean. Donated by Cathy Cooper.