Launched: 29 September 2018. Last updated: 9 February 2019
The Erebus & Terror Press is the overly presumptuous name I came up with for those things that I've produced and issued over the years. These have been mostly ephemeral items and keepsakes associated with events and have been distributed free of charge. Only occasionally has true printing been involved. They are mostly photocopies or, in today's parlance, "digital printing." Virtually all have been executed by Savron Graphics in Jaffrey, New Hampshire.
1. AN ANTARCTIC EVENING. Held to honor the Hon. Alexandra Shackleton and the descendants of members of Sir Ernest Shackleton's Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition 1914-1916. Hosted by Miss Margot Morrell and attended by a diverse assemblage of Antarcticans from around the world. One hundred copies of this Keepsake were issued by The Erebus & Terror Press, April 9, 1999. Text set in Caxton, titles & display in Lithos. Printed by Savron Graphics, Jaffrey, New Hampshire. New material © E&TP. All rights reserved. [E&TP-1] pp. 8-1/2 by 11. With fragments of rocks from Elephant Island and Stromness, South Georgia. With printed envelope.
2. Douglas Stewart, WORSLEY ENCHANTED. From SUN ORCHARDS, 1952. Appearing in COLLECTED POEMS 1936-1967 (Sydney: Angus & Robertson, 1967). Issued by The Terror & Erebus Press in an edition of 20 copies for non-commercial distribution. April 1999. [T&EP-2] [Note: name transposed] 8-1/2 by 5-1/2. Xeroxed by Savron Graphics, Jaffrey, NH.
3. EXPLORING LEADERSHIP: YOU AND SHACKLETON. One hundred and seventy five copies of this Keepsake were issued on March 9, 2000 for the New England Forty-Niners. Prepared by Robert B. Stephenson, The Erebus & Terror Press, Jaffrey, New Hampshire [E&TP-3] pp. 8-1/2 by 11. Printed by Savron Graphics, Jaffrey, NH. 175 copies. Held at the Harvard Museum of Natural History, Cambridge, Massachusetts. 4-9 pm Thursday the 9th of March 2000.
4. YOUR HERO, MY HERO: The Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration. Prepared by Robert B. Stephenson and issued by The Erebus & Terror Press, Jaffrey, New Hampshire for the YOUNG PRESIDENTS' ORGANIZATON, St. Louis Chapter - Thursday April 27, 2000, The Exchange Conference Center - Boston, Massachusetts. [E&TP-4] pp. 5-1/2 by 8-1/2. Printed by Savron Graphics, Jaffrey, NH. 105 copies.
5. Postcard. ANTARCTIC ART & ARTIFACTS AND OTHER ODDS & ENDS. An Exhibit Drawn from the Collection of Robert B. Stephenson, CRREL, Hanover, NH. June 19-October 31, 2000.
6. Poster. ANTARCTIC ART & ARTIFACTS AND OTHER ODDS & ENDS.. An Exhibit Drawn from the Collection of Robert B. Stephenson, CRREL, Hanover, NH. June 19-October 31, 2000.
7. AN INVITATION. Discovery Dinner, 5 May 2001. Enclosure.
8. AN ANTARCTIC EVENING ON BOARD THE SHIP DISCOVERY IN DUNDEE. 5 May 2001. 20 copies
9. TRANS-NORWAY ANTARCTIC EXPEDITION. 20 copies. April 2003. Prepared for the Norwegian field trip.
10. SOUTH POLAR TIMES. Vol IV. July 11, 2007. Edition limited to 7 copies: Robert Stephenson, Jonathan Shackleton, Michael Rosove, Jim McCarthy, David Stam, Marty Greene and David Wilson. PDF supplied to Emma Stuart.
11. A NIMROD QUIZ. October 2009. Prepared for the Shackleton Autumn School, Athy. Mistakenly issued as ET&P 10.
12. SHACKLETON(S) IN BOSTON.
13. ANTARCTICANA IN THE LEVINSON COLLECTION. A talk given at Swann Galleries, New York, on the evening before the John Levinson sale, May 23, 2007.
14. A TERRA NOVA QUIZ. June 2011. Prepared for the Scott 100 conference at Plymouth. Mistakenly issued as ET&P 13.
15. MY ODD SHELF. June 2012. Only the title page is included for reasons of copyright.
16. REMINISCENCES OF THE "TERRA NOVA" IN THE ANTARCTIC. By Captain W. M. Bruce, C.B.E., R.D., R.N.R.
17. A SCOTT QUIZ, SouthPole-sium 15-17 June 2012. Mistakenly issued as ET&P 16.
18. AN ENDURANCE QUIZ. Prepared for Plymouth Centenary, August 2014
19. HOOSH! Menu for the 14th Ernest Shackleton Autumn School. October 25, 2014. Endruance Quiz is also 19.
19. AN ENDURANCE QUIZ. Prepared for Athy, October 2014. Hoosh! is also 19.
20. A SCOTTISH QUIZ. SouthPole-sium v.2 May 2015
21. 'SCOTIA' AND WILLIAM SPEIRS BRUCE'S SCOTTISH NATIONAL ANTARCTIC EXPEDITION. SouthPole-sium v.2 May 2015
22. SCOTLAND AND THE ANTARCTIC. SouthPole-sium v.2 May 2015
23. THE DIARY OF A. FORBES MACKAY. SouthPole-sium v.2 May 2015
24. OUR HOME ON ELEPHANT ISLE. SouthPole-sium v.2 May 2015
25. AN ANTARCTIC EVENING ON BOARD THE SHIP DISCOVERY IN DUNDEE. SouthPole-sium v.2 4 & 5 May 2015
26. LE PROGRAMME DE LA SOIRÉE. Program & Menu. SouthPole-sium v.2 May 2015
27. SIR CLEMENTS MARKHAM BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH. 2016
28. DATES & NUMBERS. AN ATHY QUIZ. 2016
29. THE EXPEDITION TO THE SOUTH POLE (Roald Amundsen). SouthPole-sium v.3 May 2017
30. SOME VERSES FROM THE 'HEROIC AGE.' SouthPole-sium v.3 May 2017
31. A NORWEGIAN ANTARCTIC QUIZ. SouthPole-sium v.3 May 2017
32. NORWAY AND THE ANTARCTIC. SouthPole-sium v.3 May 2017. Errata
33. AN IRISH ANTARCTIC QUIZ. Shackleton Autumn School Banquet, October 28, 2017. 4pp. 25 copies.
34. COLLECTING ANTARCTICANA; SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE JOE FITZSIMMONS COLLECTION. A talk given at Bonhams, New York, on the evening before the Joe Fitzsimmons sale, September 24, 2018. Accompanying images.
35. A LAZY ANTARCTIC CROSSWORD PUZZLE. Shackleton Autumn School Banquet, October 27, 2018. 4pp. 25 copies.
36. DOUBLE-SIDED BEER MATS for O'Briens. October 2018. 2000 copies.
37. THE IRISH AND THE ANTARCTIC. SouthPole-sium v.4, June, 2019. 100 copies. Not up yet.
38. THE FORTHCOMING ANTARCTIC EXPEDITION. SouthPole-sium v.4, June, 2019. 100 copies